Truss Builder (1st Shift)
Muskegon, MI 49442 US
We are seeking a Truss Builder for an established company in the Muskegon, MI area who will use wood and metal to design and build trusses that meet the needs of their project. The Assembly Techs job duties include assembling pre-cut wood or metal pieces into the triangular structure, either by hand or using an overhead crane.
Job Duties of the Truss Builder:
- Building Trusses - Using a hammer daily
- Saw Operations
- Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood using carpenter' s hand tools and power tools.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
Skills and Qualifications of the Truss Builder:
- Being able to stand for 8 hours a day
- Experience working with Hand Tools
- Work Boots or Steel Toes
Benefits once hired in!
- Safety Bonus and Profit Sharing - Both pay quarterly
- Health Insurance after 90 days
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check. If you' re interested in this position, please apply with a complete resume and work history.