Quality Control Engineer
Jacksonville, FL 32256 US
The Quality Control Engineer performs control inspections and tests during the manufacture of our products. This position is responsible for inspecting incoming parts and materials ensuring they are free of defect and comply with company standards. Responsible for running tests and collecting data on various products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform manufacturing inspections, sampling, and testing of incoming components
2. Ensure incoming, in-process and finished products meet company standards
3. Monitor production line and assembly areas for proper assembly of products
4. Participate in Return Material Authorization process
5. Responsible for monitoring production of products ensuring assembly process is completed correctly and products perform to specifications.
6. Responsible for documenting observations and reporting to Operations Manager.
7. Able to work alongside production line, communicate and work effectively with assemblers, and to be confident and assertive in their inspections to ensure the integrity of our products.
8. Responsible for developing Instructional procedures for Warehouse (Production, Assembly, shipping, and other areas as needed)
9. Investigate and determine corrective action for Serial Number discrepancies.
10. Write failure analysis reports.
11. Adhere to all company policies as outlined in employee handbook.
1. Organizational Skills.
2. Technical Capacity.
5. Time Management.
6. Communication Proficiency.
This position oversees the Production and Assembly areas as needed per the operations manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. May be subject to extreme variations temperature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7: 30 a.M. To 4: 30 p.M.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
1. Engineering degree (Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical)
2. Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.