Jacksonville, FL 32221 US
We are seeking a Production Superintendent on the Westside of Jacksonville for a high speed, modern manufacturing facility.
The Production Superintendent is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing the daily manufacturing operations. This position involves managing production processes, ensuring product quality, optimizing efficiency, and leading a team of production personnel. The Production Superintendent plays a critical role in achieving production targets, maintaining a safe work environment, and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee production activities to meet targets.
- Allocate resources, including manpower, equipment, and materials, efficiently and profitably.
- Monitor production performance to minimize waste, optimize quality, and maintain safety.
- Oversee control compliance to ensure that products meet established specifications.
- Collaborate with quality control teams to conduct inspections, tests, and audits to maintain product quality.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of supervisors, operators, and technicians focused on continuous improvement.
- Provide development opportunities to elevate/enhance employee skills and performance.
- Lead work environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Initiate opportunities for process optimization and waste reduction to improve productivity and cost-efficiency.
- Collaborate with all other department to excel at continuous optimization.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), initiate improvements where failing and duplication of success.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate production goals, targets, and updates to upper management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and analyze production reports, highlighting key performance metrics, trends, and response plans.
- Collaborate with procurement and logistics teams to manage inventory levels, ensuring adequate raw material inventories.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing leadership role, with a strong background in production management.
- Solid background in achieving process optimization.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making competence.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, and ISO standards.
- Proficiency in using manufacturing software and tools for planning, scheduling, and reporting.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations within a manufacturing environment.
- A history of success in leadership.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.