PLC/ Electronics Technician
Jacksonville, FL 32254 US
Seeking an experienced and technically skilled PLC / Electronics Technician with experience in a heavy industry, discrete manufacturing environment.
We are seeking a motivated PLC/ Electronics Technician for our Jacksonville, FL facility to join our team of professional maintenance and production team members. You will assist in the daily task of achieving optimal uptime and machine efficiency to positively affect the plant utilization processes. In addition, you will provide direct oversight to all electronic technical issues for the plant operations.
The person we are looking for is dynamic, driven, motivated, and has deep technical expertise. You have exemplary electrical/electronic trouble shooting and problem-solving skills. You are a valuable member of the team and a key player in the success of the business.
Pay: $35 - 42 / hour, depending on experience
You will install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and mechanical systems, apparatus, and electrical/electronic and mechanical components of industrial machinery and equipment. You will provide technical support for all maintenance personnel, and work daily to ensure assigned areas of responsibility are working at risk lowered to ALARA specifically to achieve ZERO HARM.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance Department on all electrical/electronic matters
- Direct tests and diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as Programmable Logic Control Programs, DC drives, AC drives and motors
- Direct the repair and replacement of malfunctioning apparatus such as Programmable Logic Control Programs, DC drives, AC drives and motors as required
- Create and maintains electrical drawings and schematics
- Provide support for special projects
- Inspect completed work for conformance to drawings, specifications, and safety
- Maintain proper logs and records on all equipment
- Provides technical support in the selection of components for upgrades
- Initiate and suggest plans to improve electrical equipment performance, subject to approval by Engineering
- Provide training recommendations for maintenance personnel to Maintenance Supervisor and General Manager
- Complete, accredited indentured apprenticeship or high school plus 2 years technical college.
- Requires a thorough knowledge in mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and electronics maintenance and the use of advanced shop mathematics, together with complicated drawings, charts, specifications, tables, and precision measuring instruments.
- Training generally applicable to Electronics Technology or Industrial Electronics; working knowledge of AC drives, DC drives, PLC control logic, and computer skills.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Electronics Technician in a manufacturing environment is required. Multi-craft experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and work-related experience may be acceptable.
- Organizational experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) preferred.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.