Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Jacksonville, FL 32254 US
We are seeking Machine Operators for an established company in the Jacksonville, FL area who can operate plant machinery as directed while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Job Duties of the Machine Operator:
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or templates
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Skills and Qualifications of the Machine Operator:
- High school diploma/equivalent, at least 1 month of related experience in trades specific to job requirements, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, etc.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
Physical Requirements of the Machine Operator:
- Must be able to frequently stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.