Industrial Maintenance Technician (1st Shift)
Jacksonville, FL 32254 US
Industrial Maintenance Technician needed for a company with a heavy industrial environment in the Jacksonville, FL area.
Pay: $22-28/hr DOE
Schedule: Dayshift; 7am 7pm on a rotating 2/2/3 schedule.
Job Duties of the Industrial Maintenance Tech:
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machinery.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as a lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operate a cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Comprehend technical literature (i.E., equipment and operating manuals), safety literature (i.E., lockout/tagout procedures, safety bulletins, MSDS sheets), and plant policy manuals.
- Understand production processes and operation of machinery for troubleshooting purposes.
- Complete Maximo entries for work orders.
Skills and Qualifications of the Industrial Maintenance Tech:
- Broad technical training (High School plus 1 3 years apprenticeship/applied trades training). Training requires a basic knowledge in the use of shop mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and various types of precision measuring instruments.
- A minimum of 3 years of work-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience, is required.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check. If you' re interested in this position, please apply with a complete resume and work history.