Human Resources Generalist
Norton Shores, MI 49456 US
We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist for an established company in the Norton Shores, MI area who will be responsible for coordinating and administering the daily operations of the Human Resources Department functions and duties. The Human Resources Generalist will assist with the following responsibilities: Benefits, recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, training, employee relations, FMLA, STD, EEOC, filing, record retention, ISO compliance, safety, worker s compensation, unemployment, time and attendance, surveys, court requirements such as garnishments, newsletters, job postings, announcements, upholding all company policies, compliance with all federal and state guidelines, and other miscellaneous tasks.
Job Duties of the Human Resources Generalist:
- Additional responsibilities may include: Payroll processing, supply of safety items, first aid, janitorial, coffee, and office supplies.
- Must continually stay current on all Human Resources/Safety related laws and regulations.
- Must follow company policies and procedures.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times while focusing on developing a good working relationship and rapport with fellow associates.
- Must be able to keep and protect confidential information.
Skills and Qualifications of the Human Resources Generalist:
- Education & Industry Experience:
- An Associates Degree and/or Bachelors Degree is preferred, five to seven years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical Experience:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to comprehend complex instructions
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Must have strong keyboarding skills
- Must have working knowledge of Payroll, timekeeping and HRIS (preferably Paylocity)
- Must be familiar with local, state, and federal Human Resources & Payroll laws
- Must be dependable and be able to handle confidential information.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is limited and does not require hearing protection or personal protective devices. The workspace is a cubicle, noise levels are typical of an open office environment.
If you' re interested in this position, please apply with a complete resume and work history.