Furnace Tender (1st Shift)
Muskegon, MI 49441 US
We are seeking a Furnace Tinder for an established company in the Muskegon, MI area who will pour molten metal from a ladle into molds to produce metal castings. On-the-job training is provided.
Job Duties of the Furnace Tinder:
- Load metal ingots into furnaces
- Skim slag off molten metal
- Pour molten metal into sand molds utilizing hand ladle or overhead monorail
- Communicate (verbally) with peers, facilitators, and supervision to inform them of tooling or equipment concerns, casting inconsistencies, quality concerns, maintenance requests, supply problems, etc.
- Keep work area clean by performing general housekeeping duties.
- Follow instructions and learn the production process.
Skills and Qualifications of the Furnace Tinder:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Foundry and/or molding experience is a plus
- Lift truck operation experience is a plus
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Must wear required hearing and eye protection.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time, occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks.
Benefits once hired in!
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401-k with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Potential monthly bonus of 2%-10%
- Free uniforms
- Prescription safety lens program.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check. If you' re interested in this position, please apply with a complete resume and work history.