Forklift Operator (1st Shift)
Jacksonville, FL 32219 US
We are seeking Forklift Operators for an established company in the Jacksonville, FL area.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 6 am 4pm (with some Saturdays)
Job Duties of the Forklift Operator:
- Loading, unloading, shipping, and receiving warehouse items.
- Transporting materials to different locations within the facility.
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency.
- Securing loads to the machine before transportation.
- Inspecting for damage to vehicles.
- Scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs.
- Operating and managing technical equipment.
- Managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment.
- Picking and wrapping orders for shipment.
- Identifying workplace safety hazards.
- Adhering to safety management standards.
- Adhering to production schedules.
Skills and Qualifications of the Forklift Operator:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Forklift operation experience
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Proficiency in operating technical machinery and RF scanners.
- Good physical condition.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.