Equipment Engineer - Rotating Dayshift
Jacksonville, FL 32221 US
We are seeking an Equipment Engineer for an established company in the Jacksonville, FL area.
The Equipment Engineer is responsible for inspecting, testing, and overseeing the production equipment, as well as performing extensive and complex repairs on equipment issues. The engineer should perform job duties including, but not limited to, evaluating, inspecting, maintaining, designing, analyzing, and improving various types of manufacturing equipment and machinery in the facility.
Schedule: Dayshift 6am to 6pm, 2/2/3 rotating schedule
Job Duties & Responsibilities of the Equipment Engineer:
- Report the equipment status and related anomalies/corrective actions to the Senior Equipment Engineer.
- Ensure equipment operates smoothly and efficiently within manufacturing requirements.
- Assist senior equipment engineers in evaluating procedures, identifying potential failures, and establishing daily/monthly reporting.
- Utilize typical hand tools and electrical testing devices to inspect and fix equipment.
- Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Install, test, and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Generate equipment deficiency reports to resolve equipment anomalies and prevent potential machine failures or material damage.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and pneumatic drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- Improve equipment performance, minimize equipment downtime, and recommend equipment improvements.
- Assist in maintaining the spare parts program.
- Lead and supervise Equipment Technicians.
- Assist in establishing planned equipment events and lead the monthly maintenance cycles.
- Maintain historical equipment data and track maintenance schedules.? Cooperate with internal and external audits, regulations, ISO Standards, GMPs, QFS, 5P, etc.
- Maintain a safe working environment and employee safety.
- Additional related duties may be assigned based on business requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements of the Equipment Engineer:
- Engineering degree from ABET-accredited college, electrical or mechanical engineering majors preferred. Equivalent experience in a technical role may be substituted.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Design software experience preferred (AUTOCAD, PRO-E, Inventor, Solidworks, etc.)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to be a key technical resource.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.