Electrical Department Tech
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043 US
Job Duties of the Boat Builder:
- Build fiberglass boat hulls, decks, and small parts using spray gun with paint, buffer with wax, polish, compound, fillers, putty, and/or paste
- Use hand tools which may include gel-coat spray equipment, grinders, buffer, drill, or other specialty tools and fixtures
- Do parts inspection and have an understanding of fiberglass finish or basic use of abrasives
- Work following specific job instructions, frequently reading and providing verbal and/or written status of part completion
- Handle and application of solvents, paints, pastes, putty, and wax along with proper disposal
Skills and Qualifications of the Boat Builder:
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements could include full face respirators, dust masks, gloves, and chemical resistant suits
- Have a lifting ability of up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Be work in a fiberglass dust environment and a fast paced, noisy environment
- Work overtime as needed
- Have fiberglass repair and finishing experience preferred
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Be able to read and understand blueprints
- Have experience using hand, and pneumatic tools, buffer and abrasive sanding tools/supplies
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.