Jacksonville, FL 32204 US
We are seeking an individual for the role of Corporate Controller for an established company in the Jacksonville, FL area.
The Corporate Controller:
- is responsible for the oversight of all finance, accounting, and financial reporting activities.
- leads all day-to-day financial matters and directly supervises accounting assistants in their duties.
- ensures that the Company has the systems and procedures in place to support effective and accurate financial reporting on a monthly and fiscal year basis.
- will work closely with other managers and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also explore how the finance function can support company operations.
- will also maintain working relationships with various outside service providers, such as bankers, insurance agents and payroll processors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the Corporate Controller:
- Financial and Accounting Leadership
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenues, costs and budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate and support all year-end tax filings and audit activity (if applicable)
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicating monthly and annual financial statements; monitor progress and keep the senior managers of the Company abreast of the financial status.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function to maximize cash flow and minimize the cost of capital.
- Perform all the human resource and payroll functions to ensure compliance with the current government regulatory requirements, including but not limited to maintaining personnel files, managing benefit plans and performing new employee on boarding duties.
- Team Leadership
- Leverage strengths of the current financial team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the Company; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
Skills and Qualifications of the Corporate Controller:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and unwavering commitment to the Company and its senior management.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Controller for a small to medium-sized company.
- Solid experience coordinating tax and audit support and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable and payroll.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and possess high ethical standards.
- High level of experience with computer software programs and reporting systems. Prior experience with QuickBooks is a huge plus
Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience.