Set up and operates vertical contour-band saw to cut straight, curved, irregular, or internal patterns in metal or plastic stock, according to specifications. Reads work order or blueprints to locate cutting layout lines on stock, to determine dimensions and tolerances, and to determine the cut, type of blade to be used, blade tension, cutting speed, feed rate, table angle, and positions of table stops and guides.
• Sets up and operates vertical contour-band saw for cutting
• Reads work order or blueprints to locate cutting layout lines on stock
• Performs changing of job specific tooling
• Keep accurate scrap and production records
• Inspect stock for imperfections or to estimate grades or qualities of stock or workpieces
• Perform general and preventive maintenance on machines and keeps work area in clean orderly condition.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Technical aptitude
• Mechanical aptitude
• Resume and interview @ company
• Previous experience is preferred but not required
• High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
• Ability to lift, twist, and bend for 8+ hours a day
• Ability to read and understand blueprints & high attention to detail
Benefits once hired in!
• Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
• 401K with a 4% match after 1 year
• Monthly cook outs
• End of the year bonuses
*This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check. If you're interested in this position, please apply with a complete resume and work history.*