Jacksonville, FL 32224 US
We are seeking a Composite Technician for an established company in the Jacksonville, FL area who will support the Manufacturing and Quality departments in the fabrication of composite parts using both open and closed molds.
The Composite Tech will perform conformance testing of materials to validate production processes and results per specification requirements, as well as actual production of composite parts on a daily basis. This included, but may not be limited to use of pre-preg, machining, (table saw,. Band saw, presses) finishing and data collection.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7am to 3: 30pm
Pay: $23-25/hr depending on experience
Job Duties of the Composite Tech:
- Layup of composite materials both in standard and non-standard formats
- Precision material cutting with acute attention to detail and weave patterns
- Vacuum bagging/debagging & remolding of parts
- Preparation and cleaning of tool surfaces
- Ability to stay extremely organized in the recording of data on WI s
- Work independently and in team environment
- Maintain cleanliness in Clean Rooms and shop area
Requirements of the Composite Tech:
- 2 Years experience in manufacturing & production environment
- Working knowledge of AS9100 & IOS9001 standards a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Composite Tech:
- Strong experience in data recording and traceability
- Strong Mechanical aptitude and technical skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, written and verbal
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent work ethic
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Duties are typically performed in a shop or clean room environment
- Must be capable of lifting at least 20 lbs. And able to stand for prolong times
- Exposure to fibers and resins
- Some work areas are extremely ware or cold.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.