CNC Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Muskegon, MI 49441 US
We are looking for a CNC Machine Operator for an established company in the Muskegon, MI area who can set-up, operate, and maintain machinery, usually in a manufacturing setting. They are responsible for ensuring the machine produces high-quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained.
Job Duties of the CNC Machine Operator:
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies, using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines.
- Inspect sample workpieces to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Start lathe or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met.
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Crank machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances, and tolerances.
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
- Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting speeds and depths and feed rates, and to position tools in relation to workpieces.
- Refill, change, and monitor the level of fluids, such as oil and coolant, in machines.
- Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings, using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Lift metal stock or workpieces manually or using hoists, and position and secure them in machines, using fasteners and hand tools.
- Move toolholders manually or by turning handwheels, or engage automatic feeding mechanisms to feed tools to and along workpieces.
- Turn valve handles to direct the flow of coolant onto work areas or to coat disks with spinning compounds.
Skills and Qualifications of the CNC Machine Operator:
- At least 1 year in a manufacturing setting
- The ability to stand for 8+ hours a day
- Resume and potential interview with the company
Benefits once hired in! (Benefits become effective the first of the month following date of hire):
- Air Conditioning in the summertime.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off
- Health Insurance W/Company Paying 75% of Employees Premiums
- Health Insurance
- Medical - Priority Health
- Dental - MetLife
- Vision - MetLife
- Life/AD&D - Equitable - 100% Company Paid
- Short Term Disability - Equitable - 100% Company Paid
- Voluntary Life AD&D - Equitable - 100% Employee Paid
- Voluntary Long Term Disability - Equitable - 100% Employee Paid
- AFLAC - 100% Employee Paid
- Vacation - Eligible for 40 hours of vacation and 40 hours of PTO (sick time) upon hire (assuming completed 90 days as temp). These hours are pro-rated on an annual calendar beginning January 1.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.