Manual Lathe Operator
Jacksonville, FL 32224 US
We are seeking a Manual Lathe Operator for an established company on the Southside of Jacksonville, FL.
Job Duties of the Manual Lathe Operator:
- Set up assigned jobs using photographic guides.
- Select proper tooling (necessary tools are provided).
- Complete jobs according to pre-defined schedule.
- Maintain neat and safe working area.
- Will be working in an industrial environment.
- Work from detailed blueprints, fabrication outlines, sketches, manufacturing work instructions and previous shop practice to determine sequence of operation, method of set-up including and aligning work, tolerances and dimensions, finishes and feeds and speeds to perform close tolerance machining operations.
- Ability to use calipers and gauges.
- Adhere to Safety Standards.
Desired Qualifications of the Manual Lathe Operator:
- Certification from Technical or Trade school preferred, or applicable work experience.
- Previous machine operator experience.
- Must possess a clear understanding of general math including fractions and decimals.
- Must be reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards.
- Standing / walking is required for the shift.
- Physical strength to handle up to 50-pound objects.
- Ability to communicate issues verbally and in written form.
- Knowledge of inspection gauges and equipment.
This is a Temp-to-Hire position and the client offers benefits once Hired In.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check.