Injection Molding Process Engineer
Cookeville, TN 38506 US
We are seeking an Injection Molding Process Engineer for an established company in the Cookeville, TN area who will increase the processes productivity and quality and reduce the associated costs through an optimum design and a homogeneous implementation in the plants.
General Functions* of the Injection Molding Process Engineer:
- To define the standards for current and new processes, specifications, supplier s assignment, plant implementation and anomaly corrections.
- To ensure the participation of Health & Safety from the beginning of activities.
- To correct updating the global standards the detected deficiencies in the application and start up of the productive processes.
- To collaborate in the production problems analysis (productivity and quality) of the plants, proposing appropriate corrective measures for the process improvement through the global standards.
- To analyze and implement productive, qualitative and economic measures on the current processes.
- To take part in the creation of the Processes departments of the new productive plants, collaborating in the training of its members with the objective of guaranteeing the knowledge transfer of the area in an optimum and homogeneous way.
- To take part in industrialization projects.
- To coordinate standards with the Product Engineers in order to increase the productivity of the processes and reduce the associated costs.
- To take part in offer processes of new projects, analyzing the product s design to guarantee their optimum industrialization, and analyze the costs and investments related with the mentioned industrialization.
- To take part in the new products R&D projects by contributing to the necessary solutions from the processes point of view.
- To take part in the Benchmarking teams by contributing in the analysis of matters related to the processes.
- To research and develop new technologies of the productive processes, with the objective of improving the existing ones.
- To Train, Coach and develop the skills and knowledge of the technicians in the plant.
(*) The described functions are only the most representative for this position; therefore they should not be understood as all the inherent functions related to this job position.
Minimum Training Required / Level of Equivalent Experience:
- Academic Background:
- University degree in Electronic Engineering
- University degree in Mechanic Engineering
- Additional Training (Both profiles should have general knowledge in all areas and an advanced one in):
- Programming, PLC' S, industrial electronic, electronic circuits design knowledge, robots, artificial vision.
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanic, electricity, Lean Production, methods and times.
(1)(2) Safety, ergonomic, SPC.
- English (Proficiency Level)
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 Years as a Plant Processes Engineer (Corporate) or 3 years in a similar experience (Plant)